Pan Seared Salmon with Grapefruit Salsa

IMG_20150118_164659

I must say that I’m proud of my family and myself, for making sure we eat as clean as possible. This clean eating had me experimenting with many different spices, fruits and vegetables. It helps when you have an insurance company that help’s you along your clean eating journey as well. I have a health coach, which was provided my insurance company call and check in with me, provides recipes. This recipe is what I received in my email, so I was like heck; I’ll try it out.

I also learned that citrus is a superfood, by offering us a boost of nutrients with a few calories. It also, have a lot of different nutrients, including potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin c and several b vitamins. Who knew a grapefruit can have so much power.

This is a list of your power house when it comes to citrus, oranges, limes, lemons, grapefruits, kumquats and clementines. I made it an effort to have at least one citrus in my breakfast smoothie. The last week was all about grapefruit and it was delicious.

This recipe exceeds my family and my taste buds and will be making this again.

How do you like your grapefruit?

Mrs. Mapp - Don't forget to follow me on Facebook & Twitter

6 portions 10 minutes
Cook Time Passive Time
18 minutes 30 minutes
Ingredients
Servings: portions
Instructions
  1. Peel grapefruit and section. Reserve the juice. Place juice in a pot and add olives, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half and syrupy, about 5 to 15 minutes.
    grapefruit salsa
  2. Remove from heat and cool. Cut grapefruit sections into thirds and place in bowl. Add parsley, green onions, salt and ground black pepper to bowl. Pour cooled syrup and toss lightly. Don't mash the grapefruit. Let sit for 30 minutes for flavors t blend.
  3. Season each fillet with salt and pepper. In a medium hot pan, drizzle oil and pan sear each piece of fish for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through. Top fish with grapefruit salsa
Powered byWP Ultimate Recipe

16 comments

1. Erica says:

I am not a huge fan of Salmon but grapefruit thats a different story. Maybe i’ll make this with some fish tacos and see how it goes. I think that Grapefruit salsa sounds absolutely amazing.

2. Fi Ní Neachtáin says:

It’s great that you and your family are clean eating. I wish my family could! While I don’t like fish myself, I do like grapefruit but, I usually just have pink grapefruit on it’s own straight from the peel. It can be quite bitter, but it’s so healthy!

3. Tanya Coffman says:

I am so new to clean eating. This sounds like a meal my family would enjoy since there is citrus. I was so surprised to hear you have a person through your insurance company that can help you with dietary! Would you mind sharing or emailing me who you go through? I would appreciate it :)
    Tanya Coffman recently posted…Learning the Blues!My Profile

4. Lauren Harmon says:

I’ve never tried a grapefruit salsa before, that sounds so incredibly sweet and delicious – I’ll definitely be making this recipe for hubs sometime soon! I had no idea citrus was a super food but I’m obsessed with kumquats lately so now I’ll be sure to reward myself with a few extra during my next snack! 😉
    Lauren Harmon recently posted…Drink Your Greens: A Collection of The Best Green Smoothie Recipes + The Green Machine – My Weight Loss Weapon Smoothie RecipeMy Profile

5. Sara says:

Salmon is one of my favourite fish to eat but I have never used grapefruit! It sounds delicious….and I wish I hadn’t ready this as I am so hungry right now! You are so right about clean eating though, I really need to cut back on the things I shouldn’t be eating.
    Sara recently posted…Just a Few Words on WednesdayMy Profile

6. Nancy says:

I really wish I liked grapefruit but I cannot get over the bitter taste of it. I bet it would be equally as good with orange, right? It looks so good, and on top of salmon too, which is my favourite type of fish. So unique – I love doing something different with my fish rather than a bit of lemon and black ground pepper.
    Nancy recently posted…Shopping for bras suckMy Profile