It has been a crazy thirteen days, but my kale salad was my saving grace. It kept my craving down and help me feel full; so I didn’t over eat as well. This clean eating diet is a very educational one as well, so I’m learning all the benefit’s of the food that I’m eating; instead of just putting it my mouth or making something because it looks delicious. Kale has so many extra benefit’s that I just didn’t know until now.
The benefit’s of kale is so amazing, just one cup has only 33 calories. This means I can have about 2 cups of kale if I put other things in my salad or 4 cups of kale salad, if I just use kale and my dressing.
Here are some more amazing benefit’s of kale as well.
- Nearly 3 grams of protein
- 2.5 grams of fiber (which helps manage blood sugar and makes you feel full)
- Vitamins A, C, and K
- Folate, a B vitamin that’s key for brain development
- Alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid. (While kale has far less omega-3 than fish, it is another way to get some of this healthy fat into your diet.
- Lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that give kale its deep, dark green coloring and protect against macular degeneration and cataractsMinerals including phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and zinc
Did you know kale comes in all shapes, such as curly, flat and even have a bluish tint? I haven’t seen the kale with the bluish tint yet, but I will be on the lookout because I would like to try it. There are a lot of ways you can make kale; such as saute with some olive oil, you can even make a Caesar salad out of kale (I haven’t tried this one yet) and my favorite is bake kale chips. They are so delicious!!!
I hope you enjoy my Kale Salad with orange dressing.